Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Olivia's Portrait FINALLY Finished...

Many of you followed Olivia's portrait WIP's (Works in Progress) that coincided with the adventure of her first month of kindergarten last year... I hit a lull and the portrait sat on my easel for months. This summer... just before she started the first grade I finished it. I just entered it yesterday in Coastal Carolina Community College's 30th Annual Public Art Exhibition which reminded me that I haven't shared the finished painting with everyone. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this one gets juried into the show. The exhibition will be open from November 1st through November 16th in the Fine Arts Building on the campus with a reception on November 7th from 5:00-7:00pm.
"Testing the Waters"... 30x24" Oil on stretched canvas, 2007.
Click on painting to view larger image.



The progression of work from start to finish...

The following links are for those who would like to see the technical details of the painting and get a kick out the first month of school from a kindergärtner's persperctive. Start here... WIP #1 and then click here WIP #2 - #11 (be sure to scroll down to the bottom and work your way up from #2 to #11).

Take Care,
Bernie

No comments: