Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Art Journal ~ Book II

I plan to use this new blog as a journal to document my artwork accompanied by my thoughts, inspirations, and experiences behind each work. I also plan to include technical data such as palette choices and technique when available.

Artistic Release was the name chosen for this site because that is the quest I am on. Like most artists... I feel the need to create... art is therapeutic for me. My favorite medium is oils... just the thought of working as the Old Masters did centuries ago excites me and gives me a sense of connectedness to them. I enjoy many styles ranging from Classical, Traditional, Contemporary, and Abstract, to Impressionism. I work in other mediums (charcoals ranking high in my book)... BUT... oils are my passion!

I hope you join me on this journey and share your thoughts and questions about my art along the way. It may even seem like a spiritual journey at times... Michelangelo said it best...

"An artist should paint as if in the presence of God"


The saga continues.... Welcome to Book #2 of my Art Journal.

In Faith,
Bernie

Book #1 can be found here...

No comments: