Friday, July 25, 2008

"We can't change the cards we're dealt, just how we play the hand"

When I watched Diane Sawyer's interview with Randy Pausch some months ago I remember thinking to myself... "This guy knows how to live life... and he's dying". I found him and his wife and their choices/attitudes to be very inspirational and uplifting. Here's a guy dying of cancer cheering us up... WOW... that's faith lived out! Randy passed away today at age 47... he has left a legacy and hope that will never die... Thanks Randy!

Last Lecture: A Love Story for Your Life

Quotes from Randy Pausch's "Last Lecture"...


-Never underestimate the importance of having fun. I'm dying and I'm having fun. And I'm going to keep having fun every day because there's no other way to play it.


-Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.


-No one is pure evil. Find the best in everybody. Wait long enough and people will surprise and impress you.


-Brick walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. The brick walls are there to stop people who don't want it badly enough.


-We can't change the cards we're dealt, just how we play the hand. If I'm not as depressed as you think I should be, I'm sorry to disappoint you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Are the storms of life battering you at this very moment?

Does your heart ache with sorrow from the loss of someone dear to you?

Have you lost all hope?

If you have answered YES to any of these questions click here...

No comments: